Brand building is a must for all B2B companies, in order for them to engage with customers and build a relationship before a sales pitch. At IBM, brand is of particular importance for the 100+ year old company that is constantly evolving in their role as a technological innovator.
On this episode of the FINITE podcast for B2B marketers, Alex talks to Brendan McGuire. At the time of recording, Brendan was Brand Amplification Leader at IBM, a role that lets the world know what IBM is, what it does and what it stands for.
Listen to the episode to learn more about brand amplification and how Brendan used stories from IBM’s workforce of 300000+ to amplify the IBM brand.
Listen to the full episode to learn about:
- Brendan’s background in marketing at IBM
- What the role of brand amplification leader is
- Why is brand building fundamental to a business?
- Where to focus brand amplification efforts
- How to do brand marketing for such a large organisation
- Is there a shift in brand perception happening at IBM?
- Taking existing customers through a change in brand
- Using case studies to amplify brand
- How to measure brand amplification
- Environmentalism in B2B brand building
- Impact of Covid on IBM marketing and working behaviours
Find the full episode here:
And once you’re done listening, find more of our B2B marketing podcasts here!