Welcome to new members
Welcome to our new members! We’ve had lots more new B2B tech marketers join the community over the last few weeks and we are delighted to welcome you to FINITE! 👋
It’s been a busy week at FINITE
What a week it has been! We’re super excited to have been able to launch FINITE Fest – a virtual, free, one day conference, revealing a star studded line-up of ambitious, leading B2B marketers from AWS, LinkedIn, Twitter and many more. To join free on the 13th of May, head here for agenda and how to register details.
This week also brought a big milestone for our Podcast – on the 25th of March the podcast turned two years old! 🎂 To celebrate, we picked out the best bits of advice across all our episodes (this was no easy feat!) and shared them here for your B2B marketing quick wins.
Finally – this week we held our second March FINITE Forum. Given that FINITE members are now global, we decided to host two forums this month. One at 08.00 GMT to meet some of our members from APAC (and European early birds!) while the second was at 16.00 GMT with many members joining from Europe and the US! Below is a summary of conversations across the two Forums.
What is a FINITE Forum?
FINITE Forums are a chance for around 10 of our members to get together on a video call in an informal, relaxed setting. The conversation is moderated by our Founder, Alex, to make sure we cover most challenges in the meeting, but all the feedback and solutions come as suggestions from peers on the call who are often facing the same challenges, or speak from past experience. FINITE Forums provide our members with a chance to engage and connect with other B2B tech marketers on a more personal level.
B2B marketing challenges
Across the two March Forums we covered a lot of ground, with lots of tips, advice and experience shared. So, here’s a short summary of some of the challenges raised:
- The ongoing challenge of sales and marketing alignment. This is a topic that makes a feature on almost every FINITE Forum in some form or another – always sparking a passionate, interesting discussion among FINITE members! This time, we spoke about the benefits of having a common language with sales, engaging sales super-users and making them marketing pioneers, setting common goals for sales and marketing and much more.
- ABM and how you set up your ‘production’ machine in ABM mode? Can you personalise at scale?
- Scaling content, particularly around creating your own, thought leadership content like an animated research report, which will then get picked up by industry press and other publications. This type of content can also be reused in so many ways – so although the initial investment can be hefty, you can get a lot in return if the content is diced and split in the right ways!
- “Conversions” was also a big topic and tackled by the group from a number of different angles. Sharing different lead nurturing and scoring programmes, looking at marketing automation and what to do when you don’t have a huge budget to play with. Salesloft came up as a possible solution for those wanting to do automation, but perhaps don’t yet have the resources to support HubSpot.
- LinkedIn tactics were also discussed, looking at how to set these up on a limited budget, what works and what not so much – the overall point that the group came to was that LinkedIn can take time and is more of a slow burn.
- The discussion also looking at how to set up an effective marketing function from scratch, when you are trying to deliver on the monthly KPI’s while also ensuring that you are able to build brand long-term. A way to approach this was around building an audience first, and then tying this into your product and a sales pitch.